Enough that I started a thread on the DISboards called "Wearing an Eye Patch at Disney", which I like to frequent before we head to WDW to dish about the dining and other trip strategies. If you are taking a trip to Disney you definitely need to check out the DISboards before you go.
I think that even though it is vacation, I want her to wear her patch at least for a few hours each day and try to get that patching time in.
I guess that makes me a really mean mom since some feedback I'm getting is more of the - one week won't "hurt" - just take it off and enjoy vacation.
Things that concern me include:
- Comfort: Patching in the heat
- Keeping her Safe - she falls down alot and also is very afraid of the dark
- The idiot comments - especially given the prevalence of Pirates at Disney.
- The Pictures :( Is it wrong of me to want her patch off for the pictures? I know a part of me says, keep it on and she can look back on this when she is older.
- The 3D Shows - Several attractions are 3D shows - I recommend this thread "Experience with 3D shows & Monocular vision".
How do you handle Patching while on vacation?
Please Share your experience with Amblyopia and Patching at Disney.